Esquiline, Ricardo S
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL FATHER
Notice is given to Jonathan Ricardo Salaman Esquiline that you have been identified by Amie Rose McKenney fka, Amie Rose Large, the natural mother, as a potential father of a child born on 03/30/2013, in Tucson, Pima County, Arizona.
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes § 8-106(G), you are hereby notified that:
1. Amie Rose Mckenney fka Amie Rose Large plans to consent to her spouse adopting her child.
2. As a potential father, you have the right, under Arizona Revised Statutes, Sections 8-106 and 8-107, to either consent or withhold your consent to the adoption.
3. If you give your written consent to the adoption, your consent is irrevocable once you give it.
4. If you are not in agreement with the adoption plan, and want to withhold your consent to the adoption, you have thirty days from the date that this notice is served upon you to complete both of the following tasks: a.) You must initiate paternity proceedings under Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 25, Chapter 6, Article 1; and b.) You must have the mother served with the paternity paperwork in compliance with Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure.
5. If you initiate paternity proceedings, you are obligated to proceed to judgment.
6. In the paternity proceedings, you have the right to seek custody.
7. If the court determines that you are the child's father, you must begin to provide financial support for the child. You may also be responsible for past support. Arizona Revised Statutes, Section 25-809(A).
8. Your failure to initiate paternity proceedings under Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 25, Chapter 6, Article 1 and to serve the mother with the paternity paperwork within thirty days of completion of service of this notice upon you, and to pursue the action to judgment, bars you from bringing or maintaining any action to assert any interest in the child.
9. A potential father who fails to file a paternity action and who does not comply with all applicable service requirements within thirty days after completion of service as prescribed in A.R.S. §8-106(G) waives his right to be notified of any judicial hearing regarding the child's adoption or the termination of parental rights and his consent to the adoption or termination is not required.
10. The Indian Child Welfare Act may supersede the Arizona Revised Statutes regarding adoption and paternity.
11. Service of a paternity action under title 25, chapter 6, article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes may be made on the mother's attorney, Heather M. Strickland, MYERSSTRICKLAND, PLLC, 3180 E. Grant Rd, Tucson, AZ 85716. (520) 327-6041.
THIS IS A LEGAL NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THIS NOTICE YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CONTACT AN ATTORNEY TO ASSIST YOU IN RESPONDING TO THIS NOTICE. YOUR RIGHT TO PARENT YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE LOST IF YOU DO NOT ACT TO ESTABLISH YOUR PATERNITY WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS. NO FURTHER NOTICE WILL BE GIVEN.
2/14, 2/21, 2/28, 3/6, 2020 EDITIONS ARIZONA CAPITOL TIMES