NOTICE TO POTENTIAL BIRTH FATHER (A.R.S. § 8-106)
Notice is given to John Doe or any other man claiming potential birth father rights, that you have been identified by Isabel Trujillo of Cochise County, Arizona as a potential father of Baby Trujillo who was born August, 2021 in Pima County, Arizona.
You are informed of the following:
1. Isabel Trujillo is the mother of Baby Trujillo and plans to place the child for adoption.
2. Under Section 8-106 and 8-107 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, you have the right to consent or withhold your consent to the adoption.
3. Your written consent to the adoption is irrevocable once you give it and you cannot withdraw your consent.
4. If you withhold your consent to the adoption and wish to oppose the adoption, you must initiate paternity proceedings under Title 25, Chapter 6, Article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, and serve the birth mother within thirty (30) days after completion of service of this notice. You must comply with the Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure when serving the birth mother.
5. Should you file a paternity action, you have an obligation to proceed to judgment in the paternity action.
6. You have the right to seek custody of the child during your paternity proceedings, though establishment of paternity does not guarantee that you will be granted custody of the child.
7. If you are established as the child's father, you must begin to provide financial support for the child, whether the child is with you or in the mother's custody.
8. If you do not file a paternity action under Title 25, Chapter 6, Article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, and do not serve the mother within thirty days after completion of service of this notice and pursue the action to judgment, you cannot bring or maintain any action to assert any interest in the child.
9. If you fail to file a paternity action and do not comply with the requirements as set forth in Section 8-106(G) of the Arizona Revised Statutes, you waive your right to be notified of any judicial hearings regarding the child's adoption or the termination of your parental rights and your consent to the adoption or the termination of your parental rights will not be required.
10. The Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) may supersede the Arizona Revised Statutes.
11. For the purpose of service of a paternity action under Title 25, Chapter 6, Article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, service may be made on the mother at Adoption Solutions of Arizona, 1200 N El Dorado Place Suite B-260, Tucson, Arizona 85715
12. You may wish to consult with an attorney to assist you in responding to this notice.
9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 2021 editions Arizona Capitol Times