NOTICE TO POTENTIAL BIRTH FATHER
Notice is given to John Doe, or any other male claiming to be the birth father of a child due to be born on or about October 22, 2022, that you have been identified by Annalisa Alcantar, the natural mother, as a potential father of a child to be born on or about October 22, 2022.
You are informed of the following:
1. Annalisa Alcantar, the natural mother, plans to place the child for adoption.
2. Under Sections 8-106 and 8-107, Arizona Revised Statutes, you have the right to consent or withhold consent to the adoption.
3. Your written consent to the adoption is irrevocable once you give it.
4. If you withhold consent to the adoption, you must initiate paternity proceedings under Title 25, Chapter 6, Article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, and serve the mother within thirty days after completion of service of this notice.
5. You have the obligation to proceed to judgment in the paternity action.
6. You have the right to seek custody.
7. If you are established as the father, you must begin to provide financial support for the child.
8. If you do not file a paternity action under Title 25, Chapter 6, Article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, and do not serve the mother within thirty days after completion of the service of this notice and pursue the action to judgment, you cannot bring or maintain any action to assert any interest in the child.
9. The Indian Child Welfare Act may supersede the Arizona Revised Statutes regarding adoption and paternity.
10. For the purposes of service of a paternity action under Title 25, Chapter 6, Article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, service may be made on the mother at Adoption Home Study Services of Arizona, a licensed adoption agency, 7205 East Natal Avenue, Mesa, Arizona 85209.
11. You may wish to consult with an attorney to assist you in responding to this notice.
9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/14, 2022 Editions Arizona Capitol Times